The Emirates Plastic Surgery Society was formed in 1993, as a non-profit medical society working under the umbrella of Emirates Medical Association, for the purpose of coordinating the activities to increase and spread the knowledge plastic surgery in the field of Plastic Surgery in the United Arab Emirates. The society is mainly comprised of Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Surgeons, and Aestheticians who devotes a portion of their time in research, education, and information dissemination about Plastic Surgery to medical and non-medical communities.
The Society formed "Emirates Hand Surgery Chapter" and "Emirates Laser Chapter" working under the Emirates Society of Plastic Surgery (EPSS).
- To promote the science and art of plastic surgery filed through:
· Co-ordination to convene scientific conferences, meetings workshops, etc.
· Support the society's members to enhance and develop their professional knowledge level.
· Maintaining social liaison and scientific communication between members'.
- To support graduated students who are studying health specializations and participating specialized training programs.
- To maintain ethics of profession.
- To participate in scientific researches.
- To participate with all the concerned authorities to fulfill above objectives.
- To raise awareness regarding the importance of reconstructive surgery in alleviating trauma among patients.
- To educate the community about the role of plastic surgery in the society in uplifting the profession.
- To contribute in the development of interdisciplinary guidelines imperative for the effective management of Plastic Surgery in the region.
- International Confederation of Plastic and Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- International Federation of Societies for the Surgery of the Hand (IFSSH)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
The Emirates Plastic Surgery Society actively participates in the management of Plastic Surgery in the country by regularly conducting conferences, forums, and scientific meetings to further educate plastic surgeons about the current trends and practices in the field and the latest equipment available in the market.